Main Content

Magnolia Community Forums: Announcements: Magnolia Shop Module 1.0 (and documentation!) released

• kraft
    kraft
    Full name: Boris Kraft
    Last post: Jun 16, 2015 9:52:16 PM
    Magnolia Shop Module 1.0 (and documentation!) released
    #1 by kraft on Jan 3, 2012 2:49:54 PM

I am proud to start 2012 by announcing the first supported release of the Magnolia Shop module.

Documentation is here: http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/modules/shop.html

The Shop module provides product catalog and shopping cart functionality that integrates with your existing Magnolia CMS website.

The Magnolia Shop module is the result of the collaboration between Magnolia Partner FastForward and Magnolia International. I want to personally thank Will Scheidegger for his openness to base our implementation on his original efforts.

As it stands the Shop module is already very useful (and used on various sites). It is fully supported with the Magnolia Enterprise Edition.

The SHop Module is also an excellent showcase of how the different core functionalities of Magnolia can be combined to enable a powerful new business use. I invite everybody to participate in the further development of the Magnolia Shop module.

Screenshot:

Have a great 2012
    - Boris

• bfetzer
    bfetzer
    Full name: Blair Fetzer
    Last post: Jan 6, 2012 5:02:54 PM
    Registered on: Jan 2, 2012
    Re: Magnolia Shop Module 1.0 (and documentation!) released
    #2 by bfetzer on Jan 3, 2012 11:05:29 PM

Hi Boris,

Should this module also work with the Community Edition? I installed the same jars with Magnolia 4.4.2. When I try to add a new item under Shop Management I get a NullPointerException.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    info.magnolia.module.cache.filter.CacheFilter.doFilter(CacheFilter.java:159)
    info.magnolia.cms.filters.OncePerRequestAbstractMgnlFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestAbstractMgnlFilter.java:60)
    info.magnolia.cms.filters.MgnlFilterChain.doFilter(MgnlFilterChain.java:82)
    info.magnolia.cms.i18n.I18nContentSupportFilter.doFilter(I18nContentSupportFilter.java:75)
    info.magnolia.cms.filters.AbstractMgnlFilter.doFilter(AbstractMgnlFilter.java:88)
    info.magnolia.cms.filters.MgnlFilterChain.doFilter(MgnlFilterChain.java:82)...

java.lang.NullPointerException
    info.magnolia.module.shop.dialog.DialogLanguagesUtil.initLanguages(DialogLanguagesUtil.java:87)
    info.magnolia.module.shop.dialog.MultiLanguageDialogEdit.init(MultiLanguageDialogEdit.java:94)
    info.magnolia.cms.gui.dialog.DialogFactory.getDialogControlInstanceByName(DialogFactory.java:188)
    info.magnolia.cms.gui.dialog.DialogFactory.loadDialog(DialogFactory.java:94)
    info.magnolia.cms.gui.dialog.DialogControlImpl.initializeConfig(DialogControlImpl.java:535)
    info.magnolia.cms.gui.dialog.DialogControlImpl.init(DialogControlImpl.java:157)...

Is there anything different I need to do to run this with the Community Edition?

Thanks,
    Blair

• kraft
    kraft
    Full name: Boris Kraft
    Last post: Jun 16, 2015 9:52:16 PM
    #3 by kraft on Jan 5, 2012 10:11:03 AM

Blair

yes the shop module should work without problems with CE as well. I see that you are discussing this on the user forum, which is the right place to ask for help.

- B

• fleysour
    fleysour
    Full name: Fran├žois Leysour
    Last post: Jun 15, 2012 3:12:54 PM
    #4 by fleysour on Jun 15, 2012 3:12:54 PM

I am interested by the Shop module which is not yet available for the new version of Magnolia (4.5.x). Can you tell me more about the Shop Module's migration?

• ndesmarais
    ndesmarais
    Full name: Natascha Desmarais
    Last post: Jan 26, 2015 10:50:20 AM
    #5 by ndesmarais on Jun 15, 2012 3:21:20 PM

Hello Francois :)
    There is an issue in JIRA for this > MSHOP-24, so it should not take too long anymore until version 1.1 is released which should provide integration for the 4.5 environment.
    HTH
    Natascha

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/