Main Content

Magnolia Community Forums: Get help with Magnolia: Help with Bootstrapping/ VersionHandler

• mnicklisch
    mnicklisch
    Full name: Matthias Nicklisch
    Last post: Mar 9, 2017 11:37:39 AM
    Registered on: Feb 23, 2017
    Help with Bootstrapping/ VersionHandler
    #1 by mnicklisch on Mar 9, 2017 11:37:39 AM

Hey,

I have a question regarding Boostrapping configurations for my module and I can't find the information in the documentation.

I have a module with some configurations for my app. I import this configuration via the bootstrapping mechanism. I export the config as XML and put it into the boostrap directory. As I can see, when exporting this, Magnolia creates UUIDs for the entries.

How do I make sure that there will be no conflicts when these configs are imported?

I had the case once, when I build a jar file for my module and put into the bundle installation of Magnolia, I had some entries that could not be imported due to UUID conflicts. How can I prevent this when we deploy our module elsewhere?

Is this done by the VersionHandler class of my module? I looked at the versionHandler of other modules, but I don't really understand them.

Could you give me some more information about this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

• mkooijman
    mkooijman
    Full name: Martijn Kooijman
    Last post: Mar 23, 2017 2:39:33 PM
    Registered on: Mar 22, 2017
    Re: Help with Bootstrapping/ VersionHandler
    #2 by mkooijman on Mar 23, 2017 2:39:33 PM

Hi Matthias,

This can be done by adding an additional parameter to your bootstrap task:

new BootstrapSingleModuleResource("name", "description",
    "config.modules.yourModule.yourConfigFile.xml", ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_CREATE_NEW);

Next to CREATE_NEW there is also COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING, COLLISION_REMOVE_EXISTING or COLLISION_THROW.

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/