Main Content

Magnolia Community Forums: Get help with Magnolia: Asset from a different Workspace

• marvink2
    marvink2
    Full name: Marvin Kerkhoff
    Last post: Apr 15, 2016 12:17:32 PM
    Asset from a different Workspace
    #1 by marvink2 on Jul 15, 2015 12:11:45 PM

Hi @all,

i search for an easy solution to get an asset from a different Workspace then the DAM Workspace on M5.3.9? in Earlier versions it was possible to do this by adding the workspace to a STK Function. But it seems to be that they removed it from the DAMTemplatingFunctions.

Cheers

Marvin Kerkhoff
    Teamlead Frontend Development

• mgeljic
    mgeljic
    Full name: Mikaël Geljić
    Last post: May 9, 2017 2:53:55 PM
    Re: Asset from a different Workspace
    #2 by mgeljic on Jul 20, 2015 9:57:43 AM

Hi Marvin,

Following up on our tiny exchange during the webinar :)
    damfn doesn't take a workspace name, but a so-called "provider id".

This is configured under /modules/dam/config/providers.
    You may duplicate the existing jcrProvider, and first change the "identifier" property—that's the provider id.

Now, since it is configured as an info.magnolia.dam.jcr.JcrAssetProvider, you may set additional properties, such as workspaceName or rootPath.
    That should do hopefully,

Cheers!
    Mika

• marvink2
    marvink2
    Full name: Marvin Kerkhoff
    Last post: Apr 15, 2016 12:17:32 PM
    #3 by marvink2 on Aug 11, 2015 12:25:31 PM

Hi Mika,

that works good. I get now a correct link. But if I open the Link a I get a download and after downloading the image the image seems to be broken. What could be wrong? Do I need another path for the download servlet?

Marvin Kerkhoff
    Teamlead Frontend Development
    -----------------------------------------------------
    arvato Systems Schweiz AG
    Technoparkstrasse 1
    8005 Zürich
    Schweiz

Phone: +41 44 307 14 06
    E-Mail: marvin.kerkhoff@arvato-systems.ch
    www.arvato-systems.de

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow us on Twitter (@arvatosystems) • LinkedIn • Google+ • Xing
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    arvato Systems Schweiz AG: Sitz Dammstraße 19, 6300 Zug | HRB CH-170.3.036.453-8
    Geschäftsführer: Matthias Mierisch | Roland Pommer
    Bitte denken Sie über Ihre Verantwortung gegenüber der Umwelt nach, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: user-list-owner@magnolia-cms.com [mailto:user-list-owner@magnolia-cms.com] Im Auftrag von Mikaël Geljic (via Magnolia Forums)
    Gesendet: Montag, 20. Juli 2015 09:58
    An: Magnolia User List <user-list@magnolia-cms.com>
    Betreff: [magnolia-user] Re: Asset from a different Workspace

Hi Marvin,

Following up on our tiny exchange during the webinar :)
    damfn doesn't take a workspace name, but a so-called "provider id".

This is configured under /modules/dam/config/providers.
    You may duplicate the existing jcrProvider, and first change the "identifier" property—that's the provider id.

Now, since it is configured as an info.magnolia.dam.jcr.JcrAssetProvider, you may set additional properties, such as workspaceName or rootPath.
    That should do hopefully,

Cheers!
    Mika

• yroth
    yroth
    Full name: Yann Roth
    Last post: Feb 24, 2017 3:47:40 PM
    #4 by yroth on Feb 24, 2017 3:47:40 PM

Hi Marvin, would it be possible to share your findings? I am trying to show an uploaded image in the form2db workspace on a page (would be used as a logo). Thanks Yann

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/