Main Content

Magnolia Community Forums: Development: Change Oracle DB Server name (cModule calls still trying to connect to old DB server)


  • cubsappdevteam
    cubsappdevteam
    Full name: Steve
    Posts: 2
    Last post: Mar 16, 2017 2:20:53 PM
    Registered on: Mar 15, 2017
    Change Oracle DB Server name (cModule calls still trying to connect to old DB server)
    #1 by cubsappdevteam on Mar 15, 2017 8:39:17 PM

    Hi,
    We upgraded our Oracle database instance. In doing this, we restored a full backup to the new server and then updated the jackrabbit files with the new server name (along with the workspace files on our main server). After doing this, the magnolia environment loads everything except the custom components that we built to point at custom tables within the magnolia schema. They were throwing SID errors for those components to render. We have searched our entire code base that we build along with the entire workspace for the magnolia home and the old server name doesn't exist anywhere. So we are lost as to what could still have a reference to the old server causing some of the functionality to not be pointed over to the new DB location.
    I wasn't able to find any documentation around this process of migrating to a new DB server and after a couple of days of trying different things, we aren't sure what to do next. Any help on where else the DB server name could reside (in DB blob files, in cached locations, etc) would be greatly appreciated

  • cubsappdevteam
    cubsappdevteam
    Full name: Steve
    Posts: 2
    Last post: Mar 16, 2017 2:20:53 PM
    Registered on: Mar 15, 2017
    Re: Change Oracle DB Server name (cModule calls still trying to connect to old DB server)
    #2 by cubsappdevteam on Mar 16, 2017 2:20:53 PM

    Figured this out from this article (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html#JDBC_Data_Sources)

    So there are the jackrabbit files which deploy through the war files to the webapps directory in Tomcat. There are the xml files in the local workspace. And the kicker (which why only the cModule items didn't work), there are xml files under the Tomcat directory separate from the war deployment.
    \Tomcat\conf\server.xml (two references for Public and Author)

    Wanted to post this so others could see and leverage.

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

  • icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/