Magnolia Community Forums: Get help with Magnolia: Magnolia exam

• jozsak20
    jozsak20
    Full name: Krisztián Józsa
    Last post: Jul 16, 2017 7:23:52 PM
    Registered on: Jul 16, 2017
    Magnolia exam
    #1 by jozsak20 on Jul 16, 2017 7:23:52 PM

Currently, I'm preparing for the Magnolia associate exam. Is there anybody who already completed it and could help what kind of questions should I expect? I've already googled through the internet, however, I can't even find a clue. I'm just really curious since the topic is huge and I don't have too much time. So would be great to know at least the question types in more detailed level or see some example questions.
    I've already seen the Magnolia page about the topics, however, it's not really useful.

• cweber
    cweber
    Full name: Cass Weber
    Last post: Jul 19, 2017 2:20:54 PM
    Re: Magnolia exam
    #2 by cweber on Jul 19, 2017 2:20:54 PM

Hi Krisztián,

Basically what’s discussed or tackled in the Developer Training is covered in the Magnolia Associate Developer Certification Exam. That is why we highly recommend developers to attend the Developer Training for a higher chance of passing the exam. By the way, the exam is included in the training package. For our rates, please have a look at our training page.

Anyhow, I’ll try my best to give you an overview of the exam coverage as well as some examples:

Topics/Coverage:
    General Knowledge
    Project Setup
    Apps & AdminCentral & UX
    Templating
    Site Development
    Miscellaneous (e.g. Cache)

Sample questions:

Subject: Templating - Template Definition
    In defining an area, the area type is 'list' by default.
    However, there are two more area types that you can configure in the area definition instead of 'list'.
    What are the other two possible 'type' values?

A - single, noComponent
    B - autoGenerating, single
    C - multipleComponents, inhertiable

Subject: Site Development - Site Definition
    What is a Site Definition in Magnolia?

A - A site-wide configuration applied to a whole website.
    B - It contains configuration such as navigation, common page areas, and JavaScript that will only be loaded on static pages.
    C - A Site Definition is used as a default site-wide configuration related to the different website network locations of the running public servers.

You have 60 minutes to complete the exam, once. There will be no back button or the chance to change your answers after having pressed the submit button.

Our documentation should be a great guide for your preparation. Try out the beginner tutorial "Hello Magnolia"!

I hope this helps you somehow!

Cheers,
    Cass

• ana-mackay04
    ana-mackay04
    Full name: ana mackay
    Last post: Oct 25, 2017 3:05:21 PM
    Registered on: Oct 25, 2017
    Re: Magnolia exam
    #3 by ana-mackay04 on Oct 25, 2017 3:05:21 PM

I think you have to read some books related to general knowledge and research and maybe current affairs as well. So you should prepare for it Writers Services UK because if you have strong knowledge so you can achieve success as well.

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/