• ritzelprimpf
    ritzelprimpf
    Full name: Martin H
    Last post: May 11, 2017 1:54:37 PM
    Registered on: May 11, 2017
    NPE on editing user profile
    #1 by ritzelprimpf on May 11, 2017 1:52:28 PM

Hi guys,

I am getting a NPE exception when trying to edit a users profile. Interestingly, I only get the error on the server I deploy to, not on my local machine. Furthermore, I can edit the superusers profile in the production environment, just not the profiles of users with less privileges.

Users and roles are generated by JCR bootstrapping upon starting, so those entries are exactly the same for prod and local. Magnolia versions are also the same; deployed in a tomcat app server (also, same versions) and the server is running the same Java version.

Here are the error messages logged by the server:

2017-05-11 13:35:46,301 ERROR agnolia.ui.admincentral.usermenu.UserMenuPresenter: An error occurred while executing action [editUserProfile]
    info.magnolia.ui.api.action.ActionExecutionException: Action execution failed for action: editUserProfile
    at info.magnolia.ui.api.action.AbstractActionExecutor.execute(AbstractActionExecutor.java:64)
    at info.magnolia.ui.admincentral.usermenu.UserMenuPresenter.onAction(UserMenuPresenter.java:95)
    at info.magnolia.ui.admincentral.usermenu.UserMenuViewImpl$3.contextMenuItemClicked(UserMenuViewImpl.java:112)
    at org.vaadin.peter.contextmenu.ContextMenu$ContextMenuItem.notifyClickListeners(ContextMenu.java:358)

[...]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at info.magnolia.ui.vaadin.integration.jcr.AbstractJcrNodeAdapter.initCommonAttributes(AbstractJcrNodeAdapter.java:95)
    at info.magnolia.ui.vaadin.integration.jcr.AbstractJcrAdapter.<init>(AbstractJcrAdapter.java:64)
    at info.magnolia.ui.vaadin.integration.jcr.AbstractJcrNodeAdapter.<init>(AbstractJcrNodeAdapter.java:81)

I hope there is someone with an idea that can help me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Martin

• ritzelprimpf
    ritzelprimpf
    Full name: Martin H
    Last post: May 11, 2017 1:54:37 PM
    Registered on: May 11, 2017
    Re: NPE on editing user profile
    #2 by ritzelprimpf on May 11, 2017 1:54:37 PM

there is an attachment that can be found googling showing exactly the same error message from magnolias Jira:

https://jira.magnolia-cms.com/secure/attachment/26671/NPE.txt

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/