Last post: Feb 1, 2017 3:01:56 AM
    Registered on: Feb 1, 2017
    Cannot edit on Chrome and IE
    #1 by m-orlando on Feb 1, 2017 3:01:56 AM

Hello,

I installed Magnolia 5.5.1 using the file:

magnolia-community-demo-webapp-5.5.1.war

Found on SourceForge.

The installation goes normally, but I can't edit a page using Chrome (Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)) nor Internet Explorer (11.576.14393.0).

On Chrome:

When I click on the main component nothing happen.

On IE:

Right sidebar stays empty (no preview or edit page properties buttons). And the page seems to be in preview mode.

Has someone already encountered this type of issue?

Thank you,

Matias

• ahietala
    ahietala
    Full name: Antti Hietala
    Last post: Apr 10, 2017 4:53:41 PM
    Re: Cannot edit on Chrome and IE
    #2 by ahietala on Feb 1, 2017 8:17:19 AM

Hey Matias,

Verify that your instance an author instance. Go to Tools > About Magnolia and see that it says "Author instance". Edit actions are disabled on public instances. Since you can see the green bars your instance should already be correctly configured as author.

Make sure you select the right element on the page to see the actions you expect in the action bar.

When I click on the main component nothing happen.

Main is not a component, it's an area. In the demo main is not an editable area so it doesn't have a dialog. Clicking main will not enable edit actions.

Right sidebar stays empty (no preview or edit page properties buttons).

The Page properties action is only visible when you don't select an area or component. Try clicking the empty white area in the page header next to the Magnolia Travels logo. Do you see the Page properties action now?

I downloaded the same WAR from SourceForge, deployed on Tomcat 8.5, and tested on Chrome 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit). Works OK here.

--Antti

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/