Main Content

Magnolia Community Forums: Development: Add Role doesnt show dialog in the Security App

• jennylyn
    jennylyn
    Full name: Jennylyn Sze
    Last post: May 9, 2016 4:16:27 PM
    Registered on: Mar 15, 2016
    Add Role doesnt show dialog in the Security App
    #1 by jennylyn on May 6, 2016 12:07:39 PM

Hi,

I noticed that a weird behavior in the Security App, I'm not sure if this is a known bug.

When I double click a role in the list of Roles from the Security App, a dialog will be open, then I choose Cancel, the dialog closes. Then on click of "Add Role", no dialog will show up.

This happens to all tabs of the Security App I think.

This issue only happens when I double click the role then Cancel the dialog.

I'm using the latest version of Magnolia.

Thanks.

• jennylyn
    jennylyn
    Full name: Jennylyn Sze
    Last post: May 9, 2016 4:16:27 PM
    Registered on: Mar 15, 2016
    Re: Add Role doesnt show dialog in the Security App
    #2 by jennylyn on May 9, 2016 4:16:27 PM

I just found out that the reason why the dialog doesn't show up because Magnolia still thinks that the selected one is the one I previously selected and cancel. It's confusing though for the user because the item is not highlighted which made me think that no item is being selected. I think to avoid confusion, one improvement is to highlight also the item upon Cancel of the dialog so that the user will know that a node is actually is currently selected. In this way, both the double clicking of the item and manually clicking the edit action will have the same behavior.

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/