• arjen
    arjen
    Full name: Arjen Schipmolder
    Last post: Oct 27, 2017 3:36:37 PM
    Registered on: Jul 12, 2017
    STK templates not available
    #1 by arjen on Aug 23, 2017 1:47:05 PM

Hi,
    I have inherited an older project to which I needed to the STK templates. I installed the STK fine and all seems to work fine, but for some reason the templates do not appear in the template drop down when creating new pages.

I did check the visible property of the templates (all set to true), their existence in '/modules/standard-templating-kit/config/site/templates/availability/templates' as well as the TemplateAvailability class to see if that's been subclassed but there's no trace of that anywhere.

Can anyone else think of any other reason what may be stopping these templates from being displayed?

Thanks
    Arjen

• arjen
    arjen
    Re: STK templates not available
    #2 by arjen on Aug 24, 2017 9:33:29 AM

If anybody has any suggestions could you please let me know as I still haven't figured it out and it has to be something simple somewhere...

Thanks
    Arjen

• arjen
    arjen
    Re: STK templates not available
    #3 by arjen on Aug 24, 2017 12:28:25 PM

Ok, it's taken me a while but finally got there. Although I did troubleshoot the TemplateAvailability class, I didn't realise the STK overrides that with it's own STKTemplateAvailability class.
    It tuns out this class only allows the STK templates to be used as children of other STK templates and not to be added to other templates.
    As this project originally didn't use the STK the page structure also didn't use any STK templates and therefor none of the STK templates were available to be added either, including templates that extend STK templates.

So I eventually ended up overriding the STKTemplateAvailability logic with the default class by setting "/modules/inmarsat-templating-module/config/inmarsat/templates/availability@class" to "info.magnolia.rendering.template.configured.DefaultTemplateAvailability"

I hope this helps someone else running into the same problem.

Arjen

You don't have the permission to post on this thread

Sign in

To login on this forum, you can use your Magnolia Forge, Support or Partner account, or, below, your Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you have trouble logging in, or any other sort of issue, please let us know in the Meta forum, on the user-list, or simply by email at forum-admin at magnolia-cms dot com.

* Required

... or sign in with:

• icon http://{your-openid-url}
  • icon
  • icon https://me.yahoo.com/